Digital Strategy Manager
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
2019 – present
Provides guidance and strategic support for all university digital marketing and communications efforts.
- Developed customer personas through data mining and behavioral analysis for admissions-focused targeted marketing.
- Developed and implemented divisional marketing campaigns to drive prospective and current student lead generation for specific graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Orchestrated usability testing and survey analysis to inform high-profile campus news website redesign, which resulted in site traffic growth of more than 200% over the past three years.
- Analyzed web traffic and social media metrics to identify visitor behavior, resulting in web redesign recommendations that have increased conversions across the university’s websites.
- Global admin for the university’s Google Analytics account, responsible for managing property ID creation and Google Analytics integration with domains and subdomains.
- Developed and managed Google Dashboards for reporting to senior leadership.
- Lead for implementation of enterprise email marketing system, including database scrubbing, template design, and audience segmentation.
- Project manager and content strategist for campus-wide web development solutions.
- Lead on campus-wide survey development and analysis to inform decision-making.
- Monitored and reported email analytics and performed A/B testing to increase readership and click-through rates.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
2013 – 2018
Key member of the public university’s Department of Marketing and Communications, with a broad range of responsibilities encompassing strategic planning, crisis communications, media relations, internal communications, online communications, event management, and speechwriting.
- Served as communications liaison for the Offices of the President and Provost, as well as other administrative offices.
- Co-developed and led communications strategy and support for UMBC’s strategic planning process.
- Drafted crisis communications responses from the president, provost, and other campus leaders.
- Handled media inquiries and proactively pitched media on campus community news.
- Managed all day-to-day communications to campus community, including campus partners.
- Handled all employee communications for human resources, including benefits updates, health and wellness initiatives, and change management.
- Lead writer for major campus events, including commencement, convocation, and other high profile ceremonies.
- Led communications strategy for high-profile, multi-year campus construction projects.
- Communications liaison for campus police and parking services.
Independent Online Communications Consultant
2010 – 2013
As an independent web communications consultant, assisted clients with strategy, design, and development. Specific services include:
- Website development on WordPress framework, featuring donation management, e-commerce solutions, and content migration and editing.
- Web hosting, domain registration, and email exchange server setup.
- Client training and technical writing for support documentation.
Online Communications Manager
National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
2008 – 2012
Responsible for the strategy, implementation, and development of all online communications, along with writing, editing, and design responsibilities for print and digital communications.
- Managed all aspects of the research, restructure, and redesign of the organization’s website, including implementation of an e-commerce system.
- Directed the creation of a smart phone app for cancer patients and survivors that was selected as an Official Honoree of the 16th Annual Webby Awards.
- Created and monitored search engine marketing campaigns through Google and Facebook.
- Managed email marketing outreach for more than 40,000 constituents.
- Developed a social media outreach and branding strategy using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and managed day-to-day posting and support for all accounts.
- Served as chief editor and designer for all print materials.
- Supervised and provided ongoing direction to the organization’s development coordinator, whose responsibilities included donor relations, sponsorships and grants, and reconciliation.
- Managed a $200,000 communications budget.
Greater Baltimore Committee
2007 – 2008
Provided website and publication content and design, as well as writing and media relations support for this highly influential association of Baltimore area business and civic leaders.
- Researched and drafted background documents and position papers on major business topics such as transit development, renewable energy, municipal wireless initiatives, IT workforce development, and rural broadband access.
- Built HTML websites and designed print templates for member and public communication.
- Managed content and design for multiple websites.
- Managed email marketing system and member database.
- Oversaw projects to enhance website interactivity and data integration/consolidation.
- Principal designer and production specialist for all print promotional material.
- Wrote news releases, stories, and commentaries.
- Assisted in media outreach and news conference materials and logistics.
American Red Cross Greater Chesapeake & Potomac Blood Services Region
2005 – 2006
- Provided publications copywriting, design, and media relations support.
- Managed all print direct mail marketing efforts for the central Maryland region.